The TESS and K2 Missions are convening a joint special session at the 229th meeting of the American Astronomical Society (AAS) being held in Grapevine, Texas, this January.
The session will take place on Wednesday evening, January 4th, 2017, at 7:30 pm in room "Texas C" at the Gaylord Texan Convention Center. All AAS participants are invited to join the gathering to learn more about present and future science opportunities with K2 and TESS.
The schedule is as follows:
- 7:30pm: K2 Mission Update – Jessie Dotson, NASA Ames
- 7:40pm: K2 Campaigns 16 & 17 Supernova Cosmology Experiment – Armin Rest, STScI
- 7:50pm: K2 Campaign 9 Microlensing Experiment – Calen Henderson, JPL/Caltech
- 8:00pm: TESS Mission Update & Overview – George Ricker, MIT
- 8:10pm: TESS Science Preview – Jennifer Burt, MIT
- 8:20pm: TESS GI Program – Padi Boyd, NASA Goddard
- 8:30pm: K2, TESS, and The Future – Jessie Christiansen, Caltech
- 8:40pm: Q&A and Socializing (bar in room open until 9pm)
In addition to the special session, a wealth of Kepler/K2/TESS-related talks and posters will be presented throughout the meeting, and the missions will also operate a booth in the exhibit hall.
(PS: Come early if you like warm pretzels!)