The Kepler/K2 workshop on Dwarf Stars and Clusters was held on January 16-18, 2018, at Boston University. The event was attended by over 50 participants and featured talks, stimulating discussions, and new collaborations. A highlight of the workshop was the unconference held on the final day, during which participants worked on software, analyzed data, and planned future observations.
Those who could not attend the event can catch up in several ways:
- The talks have been posted in PDF format on the workshop webpage (click on the talk titles in the agenda).
- K2 staff Michael Gully-Santiago and Christina Hedges recorded a podcast to summarize their impressions from the meeting.
- Various participants shared their highlights using the #K2Clusters hashtag on Twitter.
In addition, several tutorials were presented during the unconference day. Notes from these tutorials are available on line:
- PyKE tutorial by Christina Hedges
- K2 PSF photometry tutorial by Ann Marie Cody
- Gaussian processes tutorial by Ruth Angus
The mission is grateful to Professor Philip Muirhead, Julie Skinner, and their colleagues at Boston University for hosting the successful meeting.