The updated K2 Handbook describes:
- Operation of the Kepler spacecraft for the K2 Mission — now updated through end-of-flight.
- How K2 targets were selected and apertures chosen — now including through the final K2 campaign.
- How the data is processed by the Kepler pipeline and archived — now including details on the K2 global uniform reprocessing effort.
- Analysis of data quality and characteristics — now updated to include all K2 campaigns and a more thorough analysis of the impact due to K2's roll motion.
- Description of the publicly available engineering data — now updated to include new products.
Both novice and experienced users of K2 data are encouraged to read the updated K2 Handbook.
A final version of the K2 Handbook is expected to be released in 2020.